Father’s Day is coming so we wanted to create something special. Nothing expresses that you really care about someone more than making something homemade for them. The time and care you spend creating something is really valuable and they won’t easily forget that.
For this Father’s Day, we are sharing this recipe of a carrot cake. Carrot cake is an all-time classic and there are countless versions. Our recipe contains cinnamon and ginger which creates a deeper flavor combined with the carrots.
We used oil instead of butter for this recipe. Oil helps to create a really moist cake and helps to enhance the overall flavor of this cake.
There are multiple options of frosting for a carrot cake but nobody can deny that a good cream cheese frosting is the best company for a carrot cake.
Cream Cheese frosting is just the perfect combination of sweet and acid. This frosting, as most frostings do, is better to avoid keeping them in hot temperatures for too much time. Be sure, to keep your cake cool until a few minutes before serving.
We also going to add a cinnamon syrup between the layers of the cake to add more flavor and also because it helps to keep the cake compact and its easier to spread the frosting this way.
For the garnish, we decided to keep it simple, chopped pecans on the sides and a dedicatory made with melted chocolate on top. Sometimes simplicity is key.
You can check other cake recipes in the links below
10 – 15
20cm x 9cm (8 in x 3.5 in)
- 3 eggs
- 215 g Sugar (7.6 oz)
- 130 g Oil (4.6 oz)
- 150 g Flour (5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 160 g Grated Carrots (5.65 oz)
- 125 g Sugar (4.4 oz)
- 125 g Water (4.4 oz)
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 450 g Cream Cheese (15.9 oz)
- 100 g Unsalted Butter (3.5 oz)
- 320 g Powdered Sugar (11.3 oz)
- 150 g Pecans (5.3 oz)
1.Preheat your oven at 170°C (338°F)
2. In a mixer with the whisk attachment, whisk eggs and sugar until it gets double the volume. You can make this by hand with a manual whisker.
3. Add the oil slowly
4. Add the dry ingredients (Cinnamon, ginger, salt, and flour) then add the carrots and mix well.
5. Pour the batter in the mold and bake at 170°C (338°F) for 40 minutes. Always keep an eye on it, every oven is different.
6. Make the cinnamon syrup. In a small pot, combine the sugar, water and cinnamon stick and let it boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool.
7. Make the cream cheese frosting, for this, we need all the ingredients to be at room temperature. In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
8. Add the cream cheese and mix well.
9. Add powdered sugar, mix well for 2 minutes at medium speed. Remember you can do all of this by hand, just that it will take more time. Keep it refrigerated.
10. Once your cake is out of the oven, let it chill completely and cut it in 3 layers ( A serrated knife is your best friend for this). With a brush or little spoon lightly drizzle the syrup on top of each layer before adding the frosting (Don’t put too much syrup!! Just enough to keep it moist, a couple of tablespoons should be enough), let the cake absorb the syrup for a couple of minutes and spread the cream cheese between each layer. Do this step for each layer.
11. Once you finish all the layers, let’s make the crumb coating. It will look like a nice naked cake. Once you are done with the crumb coating, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
12. After the 15 minutes. Put the great of your frosting and make it as nice and smooth as you can. Chop pecans and put in the sides.
13. Write a beautiful dedicatory to your father with melted chocolate and a piping bag.
14. Enjoy! We hope you and your family like this and spend a beautiful time together.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @soulpastry on Instagram and hashtag it with #soulpastry