We finally created a recipe for all the coffee lovers (including us), this recipe is all you could ask for in a coffee mousse. It’s full of flavor, creamy texture and really fresh. Perfect for a sunny day.
Coffee is a science, all the details put into creating these aromatic and delicious coffee beans are so meticulous and precise. For the perfect coffee dessert, you must choose the perfect coffee.
What is the perfect coffee you may ask and there is no wrong answer. The coffee you like the most is the perfect coffee for you. Some people like stronger coffees and some more subtle ones. Preference is key and you should pick what you like the most.
If you are looking for suggestions for coffees, we recommend that you try coffees from South America, especially the ones from the Amazon jungle. Peru, Brazil and Colombia are countries you should consider buying your coffee from.
We garnished the coffee mousse with chocolate and mint. Chocolate and coffee go together very well and the mint is perfect to give a little touch of freshness.
Check other fresh and full of flavor recipes in the links below
4 (10cm diameter x 5cm ~ 4 in x 2 in)
- 4 yolks
- 150g sugar (5.3 oz)
- 200g heavy cream (7 oz)
- 30g (1 oz)Powdered gelatin (100g ~3.5 oz water to dissolve)
- 400g Milk (14 oz)
- 80g Coffee (2.8 oz)
1.Heat milk and coffee in a pot.
2. While the milk is heating up, mix yolks and sugar in a bowl.
3. When the milk is boiling, pour into the egg mixture, mix well and return the preparation to the pot. Cook at medium temperature, stirring constantly, until the cream leaves a trace when you pass your finger in the back of a spoon or spatula
3. Let the coffee cream chill and whip the heavy cream until soft peaks. Add to the coffee cream and mix.
4. Mix gelatin and water. Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes until liquid and mix with the mousse.
5.Pour the mousse in your molds and freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
6.Unmold when the mousse is frozen and let it get room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and mint. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @soulpastry on Instagram and hashtag it with #soulpastry