Spring season is here, so what’s better than a cake full of flavor. Pineapple cakes are so moist and tasty. The combination of cake with caramel is so good, you won’t be able to eat just one slice!
Why upside down? For this cake, we put all the decoration at the bottom of the pan so when we unmold it, we have all the decoration on top.
You can use fresh pineapples or canned ones, either way, you will end up with great results.
This recipe is perfect for birthdays, picnics or when unexpected guests are coming. They all gonna love it!
You can check other cake recipes in the links below
Ingredients (Circular mold 20cm x 7cm ~ 8 in x 3 in)
Servings: 12 – 15
- 100 g White Sugar (3.5 oz)
- 30 g Unsalted Butter (1 oz)
- 45 g Water (1.5 oz)
1 can of Pineapple Slices
- 200 g Unsalted Butter (7 oz)
- 150 g White Sugar (5.3 oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 200 g Condensed Milk (7 oz)
- 240 g Flour (8.45 oz)
- Pineapple Slices
1. The first step is to butter your mold.
2. Make the caramel, in a pot, mix water and sugar and cook it over medium temperature, when the caramel is golden brown, turn off the heat and add the butter, mix until well combined.
2. Pour the caramel into your mold. Add the pineapple slices. Let it cool.
3. Let’s make the cake, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs one by one and mix for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the condensed milk and flour and mix it until well combined.
6. Put the cake batter in your mold. Make sure the caramel is hard before doing this.
7. Cook it at 170° C (338° F) for 40-50 minutes until golden brown. Let it cool before unmolding. Garnish with pineapples and mint.
We hope you like this recipe, have a great day!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @soulpastry on Instagram and hashtag it with #soulpastry