Who doesn’t remember eating churros at carnivals and fairs? Nowadays, there’s a lot of places where you can enjoy a churro filled with dulce de leche or with a hot chocolate sauce.
This sweet and delicious treat is fried dough with sugar sprinkled on top. This time we’re going to share a classic and easy recipe for churros. This recipe uses a choux pastry as the base for the churro, then coated in cinnamon sugar and served with a hot chocolate sauce. If you want, you can fill them with dulce de leche or pastry cream.
All you need to assemble these churros is a piping bag, preferably not a plastic one because they may break from the pressure. If you are going to use a plastic one make sure the plastic is hard enough.
You can check other interesting recipes in the links below
Servings: 8 – 10 Churros ( 7.5 cm ~ 3 inches)
- 200 g Milk (7 oz)
- 30 g Unsalted butter (2 tbsp)
- 15 g White Sugar (1 tbsp)
- 140 g Flour (4.9 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable Oil (Needed for frying)
- 45 g White Sugar (3 tbsp)
- 10 g Cinnamon powder (2 tsp)
- 100 g Heavy Cream (3.5 oz)
- 100 g Chocolate (3.5 oz)
For this recipe we used these kitchen tools
1.In a pot, add the milk, unsalted butter and sugar. Bring it to boil.
2. Once the milk is boiling stir in flour, stir constantly on medium heat until the dough forms a ball. Remove the dough from the heat and put it in a bowl. Let the dough chill for 2-3 minutes before adding the egg.
3. Add the eggs one by one. Make sure the previous one is fully incorporated before adding the next one. The dough will end slightly sticky and firm.
4. Use a piping bag with a large star tip of your preference. Fill your piping bag with the dough.
5. Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Heat until it reaches 170°C (340° F). Squeeze a 3-inch strip of dough into the oil and cook it about 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. We recommend frying no more than 3-4 churros at the same time. Place the churros over a bowl lined with paper towels to drain.
6. Make the sugar coating while the churros are cooling down. In a bowl, mix the sugar with the cinnamon powder. Roll over the sugar coating once they’re cool enough to handle.
7. Make the chocolate sauce. Chop the chocolate and put it in a bowl. Heat the heavy cream until boiling and pour it over the chocolate. Let it rest for 1 minute and mix.
8. You’re ready to serve them. The chocolate sauce is best served hot.
We hope you like this recipe. Have a great day!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites”