Linzer Cookies are usually a Christmas dessert, but luckily nowadays can be found around all year. Mother’s Day is coming soon, we’re sure your loved ones will love these lovely cookies.
Linzer Cookies are named like that because of the Linzertorte, one of the oldest known tarts with a recipe, created in Austria. Linzer cookies have the same recipe of the Linzertorte and the dough is cut into cookies.
We changed a little bit of the original recipe and changed some of the flour with cornstarch to create a really soft dought that practically melts in your mouth. Also, Linzer cookies are commonly filled with black currant jam or raspberry jam, but today we’re using strawberry jam. You can use any jam you prefer, we’re sure it’ll be delicious.
You can check other cookies recipes in the links below:
Ingredients (20 cookies 6 cm ~ 2.5 inch)
- 110 g Unsalted butter (3.9 oz)
- 50 g Powdered sugar (1.7 oz)
- 1 Yolk
- 50 g Cornstarch (1.7 oz)
- 160 g Flour (5.6 oz )
- 150 g Strawberries (5.3 oz)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch (1/4 cup of water to dissolve)
- 100 g Powdered Sugar (3.5 oz)
For this recipe we used these kitchen tools
1. Cream butter and powdered sugar
2. Add the yolk and mix
3. Add flour and cornstarch and mix until well combined
4. Roll in a floured surface (3 mm ~ 1/8 inch) and cut into cookies. Make stars or any shape you want in half of the cookies so they can be placed on top. Chill the dough before baking for 20-30 minutes. Preheat the oven at 150° C (302° F)
5. Bake at 150° C (302° F) for 12-14 minutes. Until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown.
6. Let your cookies cool completely. Make the strawberry jam. Cook the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice at medium temperature until it’s almost a puree. Mix the cornstarch with the water (at room temperature) and mix until dissolved. Add to the strawberry mixture and cook until it boils and thickens. Blend the mixture until smooth. Let it cool.
7. Sift powdered sugar in the cookies with shapes.
8. Fill the cookies with strawberry jam with the help of a pastry bag or a little spoon.
We hope you like this recipe. Have a great day!
If you have any questions you can ask us in the comments !
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites”