Is there any better combination than pastry cream and fruit? This combination can be found in different kind of desserts around the world. Cream puffs, cake fillings, strudels, tarts and many more.
Peach season can variate depending on the zone but on average it lasts only 2-3 months. In the northern hemisphere from July to September, in the Southern hemisphere is around October to January.
Thankfully, there are a lot of alternatives to preserve fruits so we can consume them around all the year. For example, sugar is a great preservative. This time. we’re using peaches in syrup, we remember eating them as a dessert after lunch and they are incredibly tasty.
Of course you can use fresh peaches for this tart, just cook them a little bit with sugar, water and a cinnamon stick.
You can check other FRESH and FRUITY recipes in the links below
Ingredients ( 4 tarts 12 cm ~ 4.7 inches diameter )
- 280 g Unsalted butter (9.8 oz)
- 160 g Sugar (5.6 oz)
- 1 Yolk
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 400 g Flour (14 oz)
Chocolate pastry cream
- 2 cups Milk (500 ml)
- 3 Yolks
- 120 g Sugar (4.2 oz)
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 200 g Chocolate
- 1 can of Peaches in Syrup of 425 g (15 oz)
For this recipe , we used these kitchen tools
1.Preheat the oven at 160° C (320° F)
2. Cream the unsalted butter an sugar
3. Add the yolk and milk and mix
4. Add flour and mix until well combined
5. On a floured surface, roll out about 0.5cm ( 1/4 inch). Place it in the tart mold. Using a fork prick the crust. Chill for 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 12 minutes at 160° C (320° F) or until golden.
7. Make the chocolate pastry cream, in a pot, heat the milk.
8. While the milk is heating, in a bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until pale and creamy. Then add the cornstarch and mix .
9. Once the milk starts to boil, pour it over the yolk mixture and mix. Return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
10. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and mix with the pastry cream.
11. Let the baked crust cool completely before filling it with pastry cream.
12. Cut the peaches in slices and decorate your tart. Start from the outside and end in the middle to create this lovely rose shape.
We hope you like this recipe. Have a great day!
If you have any questions you can ask us in the comments we will respond as soon as we can.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites”