This cake is the perfect balance between sweet and so bur. Limes are so refreshing and it enhances the flavor of this cake.
It’s the perfect dessert to share, it will disappear from your table so quickly you won’t even notice.
You can check other cake recipes in the links below:
Ingredients (25 x 10 cm ~9.8 x 3.9 inches rectangular mold)
- 5 Eggs
- 350 g Sugar (12.3 oz)
- 8 Limes (Zest and juice)
- 150 g Heavy cream (5.3 oz)
- 100 g Unsalted butter (3.5 oz)
- 270 g Flour (9.5 oz)
- 60 g Powdered Sugar (2.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Egg whites
- 250 g Powdered Sugar (8.8 oz)
- 2 limes (juice)
- 2 Limes (Zest)
For this recipe, we used these kitchen tools
1.Preheat the oven at 160°C (320° F)
2. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale
3. Add the lime zest and juice, melted butter and heavy cream
4. Add flour, powdered sugar and baking powder
5. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 160°C (320° F) or until golden brown
6. For the glaze, mix the egg whites and powdered sugar until well combined then add the lime juice.
7. Unmold your cake, let it chill and glaze it. Decorate with lime zest.
Comment below what recipe would you like to see next!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites” s