When we think of classic desserts, crème brûlée always comes to our mind. Simple to make yet so elegant. This dessert is so versatile but our favorite one has to be this orange crème brûlée, the citric touch of the orange is refreshing.
Ingredients (2 servings ~ 3 inches diameter ramekin)
Orange crème brûlée
- 50 g Milk (1.7 oz)
- 200 g Heavy Cream (7 oz)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Yolks
- 1 Egg
- 40 g Sugar (1.4 oz)
- 1 Orange ( zest)
- 40 g White sugar (to caramelize) (1.4 oz)
For this recipe. we used these kitchen tools
1.Preheat the oven at 160°C (320°F)
2. In a pot, heat the milk, heavy cream and the cinnamon stick until boiling.
3. In a bowl, whisk the yolks, egg, sugar and the orange zest until well combined.
4. Add the hot liquids into the egg mixture and mix
5. Put the mixture into the ramekins and bake over a bain marie at 160°c for 20 minutes or until firm.
6. Let it rest for 10 minutes and put a layer of white sugar on top. Caramelize the sugar with a kitchen blowtorch.
7. Decorate with lime, golden berries and mint. Enjoy!
Comment below what recipe would you like to see next!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites”