Valentine’s Day is closer everyday! This cake will be the perfect gift for your special one.
Filled with cream cheese buttercream, this our version of the classic red velvet cake.
This time, we will show you two decoration types. One with raspberries and the other one with white chocolate little truffles.
Ingredients ( 1 cake 20 cm ~ 8 inches diameter)
Red velvet cake
- 450 g Sugar (15.8 oz)
- 170 g Unsalted butter (6 oz)
- 4 Eggs
- 380 g Flour (13.4 oz)
- 16 g Cocoa (0.6 oz)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 340 g Milk (12 oz)
- 20 g Rice vinegar or white vinegar (0.7 oz)
- 1 tbsp Red gel food coloring
Cream cheese buttercream
- 170 g Cream cheese (6 oz)
- 100 g Unsalted Butter (3.5 oz)
- 450 g Powdered Sugar (15.9 oz)
White chocolate truffles
- 150 g White chocolate (5.3 oz)
- 50 g Heavy cream (1.7 oz)
- 20 g Chocolate coating ( 0.7 oz)
- 30 g Raspberries
- 10 g White chocolate
- Edible flowers
- White chocolate truffles
For this recipe, we used these kitchen tools
1.Preheat the oven at 180° C (356° F)
2.Start with red velvet cake. In a bowl, mix the sugar and unsalted butter until well combined.
3. Add the eggs one by one until pale and fluffy.
4. Add flour, cocoa, and salt and mix.
5. Add Milk, rice vinegar and red food coloring.
6. Put the batter in the mold and bake for 50 minutes at 180° C ( 356 ° F)
7. Make the buttercream. In a bowl, mix the unsalted butter and cream cheese until well combined.
8. Add powdered sugar and mix. Chill for 20 minutes before using.
9. Once the cake is done, let it chill and cut 3 layers. Fill with the buttercream and chill for 30 minutes.
10. If you want to decorate it with white chocolate truffles, chop the white chocolate and put it in a bowl, heat the heavy cream until boiling and pour it over the chocolate. Let it rest for 1 minute and mix.
11. Let it freeze until solid and shape the truffles. Decorate with the chocolate coating.
Option 1: Raspberries, mint, grated white chocolate and edible flowers.
Option 2: White chocolate truffles, grated white chocolate, mint and edible flowers.
Comment below what recipe would you like to see next!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites”