A classic dessert and easy to make!
Delicious “Frolla” crust filled with pastry cream.
Ingredients ( 4 tarts 12 cm/ 4.7 inch diameter)
- 280 g Unsalted Butter (9.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 Yolk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 160 g Sugar (5.6 oz)
- 400 g Flour (14 oz)
- 500 g Milk (18 oz)
- 120 g Sugar (4.2 oz)
- 40 g Cornstarch (1.4 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven 160°C (320° F)
- Cream the butter in a mixer
- Add milk and yolk. Mix for 2 minutes
- Add salt, sugar, and flour. Mix until everything is well combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out about 0.5cm ( 1/4 inch). Place it in the tart mold. Using a fork prick the crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the pastry cream, in a pot heat milk and half of the sugar.
- While the milk is heating, in a bowl mix the rest of the sugar, cornstarch and the eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Once the milk starts to boil, pour it over the egg mixture and mix.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it gets the desired density. Let it chill in the freezer covered with a sheet of cling film. (Whisk until smooth after chilling)
- Fill the tarts with pastry cream
- Decorate with strawberries and chocolate.