A fresh and elegant dessert for your guests!
Ingredients ( 8-10 Servings)
- 4 Eggs
- 100 g Sugar (3.5 oz)
- 100 g Flour (3.5 oz)
Cream cheese and Blueberry Filling
- 2 Yolks
- 75 g Sugar (2.6 oz)
- 250 g Cream Cheese (9 oz)
- 300 g Heavy Cream (10.6 oz)
- 20 g Powdered Gelatin (0.7 oz) (60 g ~ 2.1 oz Water to dissolve)
- Powdered sugar for after baking.
Cream cheese Frosting
- 150 g Cream Cheese (5.3 oz)
- 40 g Sugar (1.4 oz)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50 g White Chocolate (1.8 oz)
- Preheat oven at 180°C (356°F)
- Prepare a baking sheet (50 cm x 40 cm ) (19 in x 15 in) with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and sugar until meringue texture
- Add slightly beaten yolks into the meringue and fold it in
- Sift the flour over the egg mixture and with a spatula gently fold it in
- Pour the cake batter into the baking sheet and spread evenly. Bake for 10 minutes
- For the filling, beat the yolks and sugar until pale and creamy
- Add the cream cheese at room temperature ( so it doesn’t get any lumps) and mix until fully incorporated
- Whisk heavy cream in a mixing bowl until whipped cream consistency and pour it into the mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix the Powdered Gelatin with water and heat it in the microwave until it’s completely liquid (about 1 minute). Add to the mixture and mix.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Whisk the filling until it gets creamy again. Add the Blueberries.
- Remove the parchment paper off the cake and place it over a new parchment paper with some powdered sugar to avoid it to stick. Cut the edges.
- Pour the filling in the cake and spread evenly.
- Roll it with the help of the parchment paper
- Chill until the cream cheese frosting is ready. For the frosting, Heat the Cream Cheese with the Sugar and mix until fully incorporated. Add Vanilla extract. Take out the roll and spread the frosting.
- Grate White chocolate over the cake roll and chill until serving