This cake is the perfect dessert for your Christmas table!
Ingredients (12-15 servings)
Rectangular cake mold (25 x 10 cm)
1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 200 g Unsalted Butter (7 oz)
- 200 g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 260 g Flour (9 oz)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 80 ml Milk (1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Orange Essence
- 100 g Raisins (3 1/2 oz)
- 100 g Candied Fruit
- 100 g Pecans
White chocolate glaze:
- 100 g White Chocolate (3 1/2 oz)
- 30 ml Heavy Cream ( 1/8 cup)
- 15 g Raisins (1/2 oz)
- 15 g Candied Fruit
- 15 g Pecans
- 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven ( 150°C = 302°F)
- Grease your mold with melted butter and cover the bottom with parchment paper
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time
5. Add flour, salt and baking powder and mix it until well combined
6. Add milk, vanilla extract and orange extract
7. Chop pecans and raisins until the size you want. Add pecans, raisins and candied fruit to the batter.
8. Put the batter in the mold and bake it for 45 minutes at 150°c / 302°F or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean
9. Prepare the chocolate glaze, heat the heavy cream until boiling and add to the white chocolate previously chopped, let it rest for 30 seconds and mix it. (if there are any lumps, heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix it again). Chill until needed.
10. Unmold your cake and let it cool, add the chocolate glaze on top and decorate it with raisins, candied fruit, pecans and powdered sugar.